Monday, November 07, 2005

Dave


jer 003
Originally uploaded by jeremysullivan.

Today I met up with my buddy Dave from back in Crystal Lake. He's lived in LA for about 8 years. Dave spent a few days at the Camden House this summer during a trip to Philly for a sociology seminar. I was sorry that I missed his visit, but glad to catch up with him on his turf. Dave toured me through the city so I could take in UCLA and Hollywood. We talked about some important stuff, a lot of which revolved around the tension between recognizing privilege and engaging the suffering of this world. This tension was very real as we drove through Bel Air and talked about Camden. Many thanks to Dave for his hospitality.

2 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger dave said...

Jer...Thanks for hanging out yesterday. It was a good day.

See you soon!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Al Adducci said...

jeremy.....had a great dinner with your folks this past Sunday. I just spent the last 2 hours in my office catching up and reading about your trip. Keep the faith and God bless you.

Al Adducci from across the street in Crystal Lake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home