Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Where Do We Go From Here?


18
Originally uploaded by jeremysullivan.

It's become very natural to sharing sharing my words on this blog. As the end of the journey was closing in I wondered if I could just stop writing cold turkey. After all, everyday life isn't as exciting as biking across the country.

On the plane ride home, Fr. Michael passed me a note. It started with a poem that read:

For oft, when upon my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude

He clarified that "they" for William Wordsworth referred to daffodils. Yet for me "they" are the scenes, situations, people, feelings of the pilgrimmage from Camden to Mexico by way of Canada and the Pacific on a BICYCLE...The blog should go on with the Reflections of Jeremiah.

How can I pass up the advice of a great writer. So now that I am stationary and I have the time to lay on the couch in pensive mood, I plan to still write when I "they" flash upon my inward eye. I'm not sure how often this will be, but please check on me now and again.

5 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger heather said...

I am speechless Jeremy. No words can explain my mood right now. I sit here amazed and so thankful for people like you. Way to go!!!
Heather

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger joeldavidbrusewitz said...

Hey brothaman...I've been trying to get a hold of you to tell you congratulations, so I'll have to do it here: You're incredible man!!!

Hit me back : jbrusewitz@bcps.org

1212 is just around the corner...

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Katie.Brownell said...

Hey I thought you said that you were going to continue to post?!?! What ever happened to that? I miss reading your insightful bits of wisdom!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger waydaamy000 said...

Wow Jeremy! What you did is truly amazing:)) I'm so glad that I can someone like you a friend.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sue Hitchcock said...

Jeremy,

Although I chatted with you last Sunday at Sacred Heart, I still can't tell you enough how proud I am (and the whole community of Sacred Heart), of all you've done for us. Your blog is very insightful on many levels, and not to continue to use your literary gifts would be a loss to you and to us! Keep writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home